The final episode of Cabin Pressure is split into 2 parts and will be broadcast at 18:30 GMT on Tuesday 23 December and Wednesday 24 December 2014 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04vf25d).
The broadcast will be, as always, on BBC Radio 4 and there are many ways you can listen:
Radio 4 can be found on the following channels and frequencies:
- DAB Listed as “BBC Radio 4″, “BBC R4″, or “Radio 4″
- FM 92 – 95 FM, 103-105 FM
- LW 198 Long Wave
- MW Medium Wave is only available in some locations: London 720; Plymouth 774; Hayle (Cornwall) 756; Newcastle 603; Carlisle 1495; Aberdeen 1449; Enniskillen 774; Derry 720; Glasgow 720
- Freeview Channel 704 (FM schedule only – the LW schedule is not broadcast on Freeview)
- Freesat Channel 704 (FM schedule) and 710 (LW schedule)
- SkyTV Channel 0104 (FM schedule) and 0143 (LW schedule)
- Virgin Channel 904 (FM schedule) and 911 (LW schedule)
Listen online via the BBC Radio 4 page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4. Other websites are out there which provide streaming radio services from across the world – please leave information in the comments if there is one which you use and trust.
If your mobile phone has an FM receiver, you can listen to Radio 4 on 92-95FM. There are also apps available for iPhone/Android/Windows phones that stream radio from around the world, for example http://www.radioplayer.co.uk/apps/. Again, if you have one that you know and trust, please leave details in the comments.
Some media players such as Real Player have radio built in, so you could try that too.
On Demand after Broadcast
All users will have access to episodes for a minimum of 7 days after their respective broadcasts on the radio section of the BBC iPlayer. Episodes are also made available to listen again on the Cabin Pressure BBC Pages.
Outside the UK
I believe that most of the methods listed above should also work from outside the UK, however I cannot say for certain so please don’t blame me if one or more does not. Regarding listening from outside the UK, the BBC Radio 4 official policy is as follows:
“You can listen to Radio 4 online anywhere in the world however there are some types of content where we are restricted from distributing overseas, usually because of sports rights. If this is the case then the live and on demand stream will be blocked to international audiences for the duration of that segment. International audiences will hear a message informing them of the rights restrictions in place.”
For more help on listening to Radio 4, please see http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/help